Tuesday, August 24, 2010

BEAUTY AND PAIN

As she sits glumly, Anastasia begins to notice Marcelle  preparing for the show. Marcelle takes her time and feels each article of clothing before she puts it on. She is clearly enjoying the textures and smells and whatever she is looking at. Marcelle finally notices that Anastasia is watching and she smiles.
MARCELLE
What?
ANASTASIA
You're amazing. You're so into every detail and it looks like you notice everything. The smell, the feel...
MARCELLE
I love beautiful things. Ever since I was a child.
Anastasia smiles at her.
My mother loved beautiful things too. Gloves, fur coats, perfume. She used to let me touch the fur when she was wearing it. I think of her every time I wear something she would love.
ANASTASIA
Isn't that painful?
MARCELLE
I guess so...but I think beauty and pain are never far apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment